Why specify the InputMask in the script when using goto after TextDisplay.run to terminate TextDispl

Jakob jakob4resilience at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 17:29:39 UTC 2012

Hello everyone!

I would really appreciate if someone could help me understand the following:

I have a conditional practice block with a script that displays one text in
the following text-object if the accuracy-criterium is met. If the
criterium is not met it displays another text in the same text-object and
then jumps back to a label (goto). If the criterium is met everything works
as intended. But in the case of the criterium not being met the text-object
only terminates with input if I manually specify the InputMask for the
text-object in the script, not if I merely specifiy the input in the GUI of
the text-object (see below)
I'd really like to understand this enigma! ;)

Thanks in advance!
Jakob

Here is the relevant part of the experimental procedure and the script in
question (CheckACC):
*PracticeBlockProcedure*

*Setup* (Script that sets a Summation Variable)

*PracticeInstruction* (TextDisplay Object)

*Label2* (Label)

*Reset* (Script that resets the Summation Variable)

*Practice List* (List Object)

*PracticeListProcedure*

*PracticeDisplay* (ImageDisplay Object)

*PracticeFeedback* (FeedbackObject)

*AddObservation* (Script that adds the ACC of the PracticeDisplay to the
Summation Variable so it can be compared to the criterium later on)

*CheckACC* (Script that checks if the ACC criterium has been met and
branches accordingly; *the line in question is in talics - see below*)

*EndPrac* (TextDisplay Object that displays a text depending on the
CheckACC script)

*
*
*CheckACC-Script:*
If PracticeACC.Mean >= .80  Then
EndPrac.Text = "Well done."
Else
EndPrac.Text = "Try again."
*EndPrac.InputMasks.Add Keyboard.CreateInputMask("{SPACE}", "",
CLng(Pause.Duration), CLng("1"), ebEndResponseActionTerminate,
CLogical("Yes"), "", "", "ResponseMode:All ProcessBackspace:Yes")*
EndPrac.Run
Goto Label2
End If