using python to automate data translation process from eprime to SPSS

Kyle kylehdavis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 03:27:23 UTC 2012

Thank you for your reply Peter but that is not exactly what I was looking
for and I probably did not clarify enough.  I know how to use EdataAid, I
just want a way to circumvent it.  If you look in the folder where your
edat files are stored there is also a .txt file with the data information.
 I was wondering if I could somehow translate this file into something
useable and skip edataid all together.  I am trying to automate the process
so I can do it with a large amount of data all at once and ensure that it
is all done the same way without having to worry about human error (like
when someone accidentally forgets to uncheck the unicode box or clicks on
the wrong thing).  It looks like the txt file contains the data from the
experiment but it looks all jumbled up and in one column.  Someone on the
python forums said that they had created script that would parse out the
data from that text file and make it usable.  Unfortunately they did not
really elaborate how to do that.  Thank you again for your reply Peter and
I hope I helped clear things up a bit.
-Kyle