Eprime triggers to EEG out of sync

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 20:29:51 UTC 2012

Hi Matt,

I'm not sure if I understand your description completely, but I think that
the problem you described is related to the settings of the input mask and
terminate action. You probably have a sound or slide object for playing the
sentence. I suspect that you added an input mask to this object to record
the subject response. When the trigger-script is placed after this object,
you will have a problem because the script will be exucuted after the
button response in this case. Is this indeed what is happening?

If this is the case, you could try to fix it by having a separate response
object (such as a Text object) that is placed after the inline script.
Instead of using the sleep function, you could set the duration of the
sound-object to [delay]. The Sound 'Stop After' property should be set to
No. However, the problem with this construction is that it is more
difficult to make sure that the response object is displayed after the end
of the audio track. (unless all sentences have the same duration). Perhaps
the new Task Event mechanism of EPrime 2 will help out here:
http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=4803 I haven't used this yet,
but I think it should be possible to generate a delayed parallel port write
operation.

Cheers,
Paul