E-Prime 2, E-Run and Dongle, also 64b

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Aug 30 16:00:28 UTC 2012

Mich,

I have one Windows 7 64-bit machine running
EP2.0.10.242, but I have not used it
extensively.  Just now I recompiled the
BasicRT.es2 example program that comes with EP,
yanked out the hardware key, and double-clicked
the .ebs file -- it ran just fine without the
dongle.  So it seems that, yes, E-Prime 2, like
E-Prime 1, allows using E-Run without the dongle plugged in.

Overall, this setup seems just fine for a
development workstation.  But I have not done
enough testing to vouch for this setup for use in running subjects.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx