Syncing E-Prime Scripts on Multiple Computers

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 18:29:55 UTC 2012

hi Molly,

I would advise to use one PC as master (probably the one that also connects
to physiological acquisition device), and use a splitter cable to separate
two of the digital output (data)lines. Then, connect these lines to one of
the inputs of the printer port of the other PCs.
The logic is exactly the same as connecting a response box to the printer
port (
http://pfcgroot.nl/e-prime/85-tips-and-tricks/71-button-box-on-printer-port.html).
The master PC can then toggle the two output lines to sync. with the other
PCs .
The same technique can be used with a serial port, so that might be a
workaround if the printer port is exclusively used for the physio-device.
So, the main issue is finding a technician who has some knowledge of
printer ports and soldering irons.
If safety is an issue, you might have to use additional hardware to isolate
the systems (opto-couplers).

Best,
Paul