How to synchronise Slide duration with SoundBuffer

JZ jakov.zlodre at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 10:36:58 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am new to this forum and new to E Prime. I am designing a task that
requires playing a sound during presentation of a colour screen.

The colour screen is a Slide with a text display with the back colour set
differently according to whether it is paired with sound or not.

The problem I have is that I want the slide to last 10 secs and the sound
to play intermittently during those 10 seconds.

I have the sound playing using SoundBuffer.Play and then using
SoundBuffer.Pause and Sleep to pause the sound in an inline after the text
display with the PreRelease for the Slide at 10secs.

However the Sleep command also applies to the main script so that the Slide
displays for more than 10 secs.

Is there any way I can make the inline run during the Slide but not have
the .Play, .Pause and Sleep make the Slide run for more than 10 secs?

I am much obliged for any help as am very ignorant regarding E Prime.

Best wishes,
Jakov