Upper/Lower Case

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Dec 20 16:34:39 UTC 2012

Lizzie,

I can confirm that JACanterbury's advice works.  It seems that the
ACC scoring mechanism is case-insenstive, so for Correct an entry of
either "z" or "Z" will match a response of either "z" or "Z" (I don't
know that this is documented anywhere).  I tested this with EP1.2
(which I much prefer for exploratory exercises), I assume the same
holds for EP2.

Of course, there is always the low-tech solution documented at
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/6ff76d4d7b9575f8
three years ago:  Just yank out the offending key, and if necessary,
back that up with a healthy dose of epoxy.  No one needs a Caps Lock
key anyway, and spare/replacement keyboards are cheap if you ever do
need the Caps Lock.

-- David McFarlane