Variables referring into functions/subs

sam psikoticsilver at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 23:52:08 UTC 2012

Basically, the reason I want to pass a string into the function is that it
allows me to clear any canvas I please at any time, simply by passing it's
name into the function as a string.  I then want to use the contents of
this string in place of a variable (in this case the canvas object) name.
I do not know if this is even possible in e-basic.

Canvas creation/clearing is not the only way I could benefit from this.  I
plan on using similar principles to draw images, load/play sounds, preload
stimuli during wait times, and many other things.  I'm not using slides and
so forth as I'm working on fMRI experiments where every ms is critical.  I
only want to run what is necessary, and using one function to work on many
processes will allow me to reduce the footprint of this program.  ...plus I
just find this fun.  I'm prepared to fall back on a more basic method, but
I would much prefer some clever coding.  :)

About the parentheses, I've not had any success in e-prime 2.0.10 using
that syntax.  It seems to require me to use parentheses or I encounter a
compiling error.