Online training in E-Prime=?iso-8859-1?Q?=AE_?=from Michigan State Univeristy

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Feb 7 17:57:50 UTC 2012

Now that I have posted the official notice, here
is some amplification from me, the instructor and
frequent contributor to this Group.

First, I will spare you the suspense and tell you
that the course fee is US$300.  For that you get
access to the course, a weekly Live Office Hour
with me, and upon succesful completion 1.5
Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from Michigan State University.

Now, folks here often like to delve into inline
code, so I feel it only fair to inform this crowd
that coverage of inline code in the course is
pretty light.  I think that some of us are too
quick to resort to inline code, when a better
understanding of E-Prime® might provide a better
solution without code.  Also, inline code works
better with a good understanding of all the
fundamental elements of E-Prime®.  Thus, this
introductory course presents such a survey.  I do
introduce just enough about inline code to get
newcomers started; any more might take a course
in itself (perhaps worth doing if this course does well.)

But if I have done my job well, then this course
will take care of all the basic questions that
newcomers to E-Prime® face, and then they can
come here with the more complex questions.

Finally, please note that the content of this
online course has not been reviewed or approved
by Psychology Software Tools, Inc., publishers of
E-Prime®.  The views and opinions expressed in
the course are strictly those of the course
authors.  Any questions or comments regarding
this course should be directed to the course authors.

-- David McFarlane