Looping movie / video

Alon Hafri ahafri at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 15:38:19 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'd love to get your help with this! We are looking to loop a
SlideMovie object until the Enter key is pressed. Meanwhile, the user
may type what they see in the video (using the echo response feature
of Input Masks).

Unlike the SoundOut objects, there is no documentation on MovieDisplay
or SlideMovie objects, and so we can't figure out if there are
properties that allow this. David McFarlane put in a feature request
for this here http://support.pstnet.com/forum/Topic2772-12-1.aspx but
until then, I'm wondering if someone could help me figure this out
with InLine.

With sound objects, you can do it with InLine by playing the soundout
object, and then testing for the buffer status (e.g. the following):
Do While ...
   If SoundBuffer.Status = ebBufferStatusStopped Then SoundBuffer.Play
Loop

Is there an equivalent property for MovieDisplay? Or alternatively, is
there a way to test at runtime the length/duration of a movie, so that
we can have the program wait that long and then play the movie again?
I guess the only other option is to manually code the duration of each
video, and then use the InLine to wait that long before replaying the
movie.

Thanks so much for all your help!
Alon

keywords: video movie loop slidemovie moviedisplay moviebuffer status