problem with a summation object

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Feb 28 16:49:44 UTC 2012

Max,

Hmm, another question that could go to PST Web Support at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp .  Anyway, what
was the exact line of code that produced the error?  Typically, an
"Object does not have a default value" error occurs when you use an
object but fail to specify which *property* of the object you
mean.  You can get away with that only when the object does have a
default property, otherwise you must explicitly specify which
property you mean.

To take a contrived example, the following will create such an error:

     SummationRTA.AddObservation CInt(ReactionInterval)

whereas the following will not:

     SummationRTA.AddObservation CInt(ReactionInterval.RT)

-- David McFarlane