Is there no min() function in ebasic?

Michiel Sovijarvi-Spape mspape at cognitology.eu
Tue Jul 10 12:41:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

Like you, I thought, that is pretty odd, but you seem correct anyway.
Nonetheless, there's an argument to be made against packing all sorts of
superfluous operations in a programming language (like VBA), if you're not
using them and are easily able to add them yourself. So, just add to your
user script:

Function min(inx As Variant, iny As Variant) As Variant

      If inx < iny Then min = inx Else min = iny

End Function

Now, writing

TextDisplay1.Text = min(5,3)

for example, will show "3". Rock on, no?

Best,

Mich