Logging Voice Onset Latency

Joanna boveejc at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:14:29 UTC 2012

I am running a picture naming study in which I need to log how long it
takes a participant to respond (i.e., verbally name the picture) after the
image has appeared on the screen.  I am using the Cedrus SV-1 Key with
E-Prime 2.0.10.242.  The experiment runs smoothly and separate .wav files
are created for each trial.  However, upon opening the .edat file, response
time is always logged as 0 ms. I tried to find the logging property for the
SoundIn sub-object, but it is not listed among the other properties.

Has anyone successfully been able to log naming onset time in a similar
design?

All advice welcome.  Many thanks.

Joanna Bovee