Touch Screen Mouse Click

Samantha S siegelse at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 16:13:07 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I'm a little bit stymied over a problem I'm having with my task. Let
me give you some background

About the task: two images appear on the screen, one on the left and
one on the right. An audio file plays saying the name of one of the
images. The participant should be able to touch the image and have it
move on to the next pair. Repeat.

Of course, I want it to record whether or not the image was the one
that was said (a correct response)

My problem: I am not getting ANY response currently. From either a
touch screen or from just using the mouse.

I've sent this problem into PST as well and so far their advice hasn't
gotten me to the right answer (though they've been very helpful and
quick to respond). The mouse device is set to emulate (when on the
touch screen) and the hitTest should be written correctly (PST
confirmed that)

Does anyone on here have any idea why no response would be recorded at
all? When clicked, it moves onto the next screen, but still does not
process that a response occurred (for both touch screen or when i do a
direct mouse click)

This is done in Eprime Professional and the second monitor used is
actually a Tobii computer (though we are not running tobii during this
at all).

any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you