Changing image position according to xy-coordinates from mouseclicks

Johannes Bjerva johannesbjerva at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 19:53:18 UTC 2012

Hello,

I am currently developing an experiment in which the participants will
click an area of the screen, following which an image should appear in that
location.

What I have tried so far is having a slide object containing an image
object. In the image object's sub-property pages I've tried to set the X
and Y positions to the attributes "[PicPosX]" and
"[PicPosY]". However, once I click apply, E-Prime automatically changes
this to "[PicPosX]:center" and "[PicPosY]:center".

In order to get the coordinates themselves, I have added this inline-code
after the slide object:
Dim theMouseResponseData As MouseResponseData
Set theMouseResponseData = CMouseResponseData(Slide1.
InputMasks.Responses(1))
c.SetAttrib "PicPosX", theMouseResponseData.CursorX
c.SetAttrib "PicPosY", theMouseResponseData.CursorY

Obtaining the coordinates and setting the attributes seems to work
perfectly, since I can see the coordinates in the resulting data files.
However, the image does not change positions, but remains in the center
(most likely due to E-Prime's :center-addition to my attributes).

Any help in solving this problem would, of course, be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,
Johannes Bjerva