Presenting slide-object while video is playing

francesco.biondi at ymail.com francesco.biondi at ymail.com
Tue May 15 08:33:08 UTC 2012

Hi David,

the target (eg, a red square) I need to show to participants overlays the
video,
then I cannot use a Slide Objects composed by multiple objects (video+text).

I ve seen you mentioned Matlab; I thought to consider it, but I have no
updates from that side.

Indeed, about video-editing I am trying to run this way, but I think I
would have problems
with timing, because I should consider both the video's frame-rate and the
monitor refresh-rate;
I guess this may be problematic for the reliability of recorded times.

Suggestions?

2012/5/14 David McFarlane <mcfarla9 at msu.edu>

> Does any part of your superimposed text overlap with the video?  If so,
> then you will run into the problem discussed at http://groups.google.com/*
> *group/e-prime/browse_thread/**thread/2bcf7ebef4211832<http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/2bcf7ebef4211832>.
>
> -----
> David McFarlane
> E-Prime training online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/**
> Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx<http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx>
> Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)
>

> At 5/14/2012 08:14 AM Monday, francesco biondi wrote:
>
>> I ve just realised I made a mistake..
>>
>> when I write slide-objects
>> I mean text-objects
>>
>> Sorry
>>
>> waiting for reply!
>>
>> Il giorno lunedì 14 maggio 2012 11:53:50 UTC+2, francesco biondi ha
>> scritto:
>> Hi all!
>> I ve posted a topic on PSTforum but..no reply yet..
>> then, I will turn my problem over to you..
>>

>> I need to show a video to participants using a MovieDisplay-object.
>> While the video is playing, I need to show, superimposed to the video,
>> some slide-objects covering not the whole display, but only a small
>> part of it. After participant's response to the object, the object
>> will disappear, but the video will continue without any interruption.
>>
>> I dont know how I can show slide-objects together with the video
>> without interrupting it (letting it play without crashes).
>>
>> Bye!
>>
>> and thanks in advance
>>

> --

*Francesco Biondi*