key press/release & RT

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Nov 2 20:56:53 UTC 2012

Please do not use Clock.Read to get the starting time of your
stimulus, this will almost never be exact, and is in any case
superfluous.  Suppose your text stimulus is named StimText.  Then
StimText.OnsetTime already tells you the onset time of the stimulus,
you should use that (see
http://groups.google.com/group/e-prime/browse_thread/thread/39e899d3457d4917 ).

If you think further, you might not even need to do that.  If you
have StimText start after the key is pressed down, and have StimText
launch its own "release" input mask, then StimText.RT will already be
the appropriate RT for the release response relative to the onset of StimText.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx