Simple cumulative timing question

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 13 18:12:26 UTC 2012

Ignore the "created" & "updated" dates on PST KB articles, they
sometimes draft those for internal documentation years before they
implement the feature, and then take more time to release the
implemented feature to the public.  KB articles often include a note
on which versions they apply to, but that is missing from this
article.  If you want to make a fuss about it, add an End User
Comment to the article.

Anyway, this feature was introduced with either 2.0.10.182 or
2.0.10.242.  With care, this feature may automate the "rule of thumb"
insofar as it automatically advances the effective TargetOnsetTimes
by a proportion that you specify.  But you still have to think
through what stimulus Durations to prescribe in order to get your
desired durations, and what actual durations will result from any
prescribed stimulus Duration.  And then make sure to log needed time
audit measures, and inspect those; better yet, test everything with a
photodector & oscilloscope.

Finally, if PST documented this anywhere outside of the KB, then it
would be in the New Features Guide that comes with the latest
E-Prime.  Take a look there, I have not looked thoroughly at that myself yet.

-- David McFarlane