multiple mouse click recording on a single picture (not slide)

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 20:19:38 UTC 2012

Hi Eszter,

You could change the inline script a bit, but you would first have to set
the number of allowed responses of the inputmask to 8 (click the advanced
button and edit max count). Then use the following script after the
stimulus object:

Dim iResponse As Integer
For iResponse = 1 To Stimulus.InputMasks.Responses.Count
    Dim theMouseResponseData As MouseResponseData
    Set theMouseResponseData =
CMouseResponseData(Stimulus.InputMasks.Responses(iResponse))
    If Not theMouseResponseData Is Nothing Then
        c.SetAttrib "Stimulus." & CStr(iResponse) & ".RespCursorX",
theMouseResponseData.CursorX
        c.SetAttrib "Stimulus." & CStr(iResponse) & ".RespCursorY",
theMouseResponseData.CursorY
        c.SetAttrib "Stimulus." & CStr(iResponse) & ".RT",
theMouseResponseData.RT
    End If
Next

I also added the response time to the output because you might need that
too. (Or just delete that line if you don't) The attached script contains a
working example.

Normally I would prefer a separate list object with 8 'subtrials' to handle
the individual mouse clicks. The advantage would be a more  more compact
edat-output file(because you don't have to generate separate attribute
names for sequential responses). Another advantage is that you could
implement more sophisticated constructions, like highlighting the selected
objects as soon as they are selected or terminating after a specific object
was selected. However, the disadvantage is that it is slightly more complex
if response time recording should be accurate.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Paul