Simulate a key press to end a slide object similar to the WaitForFixation package

dietrijx jonybony at gmx.de
Thu Nov 15 13:03:15 UTC 2012

Hey,
I would like to program a script similar to the TETWaitForFixation
PackageCall.
As far as I know, the WaitForFixation PackageCall keeps track of the
subject’s gaze by actively accessing the .gazedata information. Once the
gaze has been on the specified Sub-Object of the fixation slide for a
predetermined amount of time a key press will be simulated, terminating the
underlying loop and thus moving on with the rest of the experiment.
I would like to use a different algorithm that counts fixations and after a
predetermined maximum count is reached the rest of the experiment should go
on.
In addition I would like measure the RT either if the maximum count is
reached or if the subject pressed a button to terminate the slide before
the maximum count is reached. Like the WaitForFixation package call does.
The code for the new algorithm is not the problem, but I do not know how to
terminate the slide and capture the RT once the maximum count is reached.
Is there something like Slide.terminate to end the slide? Or is there a way
to simulate a key press when the count is reached, like the WaitForFixation
package call does when the predetermined amount of time is reached?
Then I could simulate the key press within the code of accumulated
fixations and terminate the trial on keypress and get the RT.

So, do you know how I can simulate a key press to end a slide object?

Thank you in advance.
Jonas