multiple mouse click recording on a single picture (not slide)

Eszter Kormann ringril at gmail.com
Sat Nov 17 17:59:41 UTC 2012

Dear Paul,

please don't get tired of my stupid questions... I have two more.:)

1)  I could not make this previous one work, so I decided to go into your
suggestion and ask how can I set up a slide that you have already
mentioned. I had this idea on my mind when I had started to plan the
experiment, but I thought that I will be challenging and hard to make
approximately 30 slides. But now I understood that the analysis of the data
will be a pain and even harder with this design, so I would be grateful if
you could explain how can I switch to the latter solution.

2) The second and most shamefully easy question would be in connection with
mouse hiding. I want the cursor to be hidden through the part, when the
program just shows the pictures. If it is there the cursor can be
distracting in a visual paradigm like this. However, I really need the
mouse to be shown when we ask for and register mouse response (through the
exposition of the grid exercise). I found this in the help, but I'm a
starter (it was a week ago when I first saw the programme.. ), and I don't
know how could I make this work.

'This example loops through the available mouse cursors.

'EXAMPLE PART A

Instructions.Text = "Press the spacebar to \n begin " &_

"the mouse cursors demo..."

'EXAMPLE PART B

Display.Canvas.Clear

Display.Canvas.Text 0, 0, "Display the available mouse cursors..."

Mouse.ShowCursor True

Dim i As Integer

For i = 1 to 13

Mouse.ShowCursor False

Mouse.Cursor = i

Mouse.SetCursorPos Display.XRes/2, 20

Mouse.ShowCursor True

Display.Canvas.Text 50, 25, "Current mouse " &_

"cursor value = " & Mouse.Cursor

Sleep 2000

Next i

Display.Canvas.Clear

Mouse.ShowCursor False

c.SetAttrib "Stimulus", "End of cursors demonstration "

StimDisplay.Run

'terminate the rest of the experiment

StimDisplay.Duration = 0 'do not display the normal StimDisplay

List1.Terminate 'do not cycle

'Note: To run this example with E-BasicExample.es, copy the script in
'EXAMPLE PART A above and paste it into the Setup InLine object. Next
'copy the script in EXAMPLE PART B above and paste it into the Before
'InLine object.

Thanks a lot!!!!!!

Eszter