Check files exist

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Fri Nov 30 20:26:29 UTC 2012

Dand,

Well, there is always the FileDirs() and FileExists() functions,
which you can read about in the E-Basic Help, although that would
take a bit of coding.  Then again, Experiment Advisor in the latest
EP2 (2.0.10.242) contains a module for "Varying Filename not found"
(http://www.pstnet.com/support/kb.asp?TopicID=4982 ), but I don't
know how well that works -- perhaps you could try that and report back.

Finally, the latest EP2 also includes a "test run" facility for
speeding up the run (up to a factor of 4) and providing automatic
keyboard responses, so with all that it might not be too burdensome
to just do a test run and see whether you get any run-time
problems.  Best to run all Lists in Sequential order for this, so you
can follow the progress and see where it was in each List when it
crashes.  Good luck.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is pretty
much their substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST takes questions at their Facebook page
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychology-Software-Tools-Inc/241802160683
), and offers several instructional videos there and on their YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ) (no Twitter feed yet,
though).  4) If you do get an answer from PST staff, please extend
the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----