EPrime display settings for widescreen monitors

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Thu Oct 4 17:52:57 UTC 2012

Josh,

What version of E-Prime do you use?  If using EP2, please note the
following statement that I got from PST Web Support when I
asked:  "E-Prime 2.0 allows any resolution supported by your video
card. The suggestions in the dropdown menus do use typical 4:3
values, but you can type in any other value you want to use provided
they are supported by your video card."  As far as I can tell, this
feature has still not been publicly documented.

So, try setting your Display resolution to 1366x768, ignoring the
dropdown suggestions.  E-Prime should properly fill the screen and
use properly square-shaped pixels.  Or just try using "Match desktop
resolution at runtime" = Yes, which in this case should achive the same effect.

Hope that helps.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours -- this is pretty
much their substitute for proper documentation, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST takes questions at their Facebook page
(http://www.facebook.com/pages/Psychology-Software-Tools-Inc/241802160683
), and offers several instructional videos there and on their YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ) (no Twitter feed yet,
though).  4) If you do get an answer from PST staff, please extend
the courtesy of posting their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----