Feedback type

ben robinson baltimore.ben at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 13:33:32 UTC 2012

First, are you able to collect responses and score them as correct or
incorrect (ACC=1 or ACC=0 according to the object collecting your

Create a FeedbackDisplay object. Set the Input Object Name to be the
object collecting your responses. This way, if the object collecting
your responses considers the response correct (ACC=1) it will show the
appropriate "well done!" feedback, and vice versa. Next, on your
FeedbackDisplay object's Correct tab delete all the default text and
type instead, [CorrectFeedback]. On your Incorrect tab do the same,
typing [IncorrectFeedback]. Then open the List which runs your trial.
Under the Nested column create two new lists: CorrectFeedbackList and
IncorrectFeedbackList. Make sure both these lists are on each row in
the Nested column so that they will be accessible on every trial. Now
open your newly created and nested, CorrectFeedbackList. Set it to
Random selection. Add a column or Attribute called CorrectFeedback.
Write all your various correct feedback messages, one on each row. For
instance "Well done!" on Row1, and "Keep up the good work!" on Row2,
etc.. Now do the same with your IncorrectFeedbackList, adding a column
called IncorrectFeedback, and filling each row with an appropriate
feedback message. That should do it.

Ben

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 9:21 AM, pure-n-true at hotmail.co.uk