Eprime triggers to EEG out of sync

aldelfino aldelfino at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 15:08:46 UTC 2012

Hi Paul,

maybe I haven't stated my problem clearly enough. For now, I decided to
change the script. I eliminated the response object and used a Sound object
instead of a Slide object. My biggest issue is on how to play a certain
audio file and make an associated trigger to be sent to EEG a few
milisseconds after the onset of the same audio file. So far, I'm able to
send the triggers, but the 'sleep' function delays both audio execution and
trigger signal. Is it possible to set up the sleep function only for the
trigger? Please find below an updated version of the inline script:

Dim StimTrigger as Integer
Dim StimDelay as Integer
StimTrigger = c. GetAttrib ("Trigger")  'condition-associated trigger
StimDelay = c. GetAttrib ("Delay")  'delay in milisseconds a trigger must
be sent to after the onset of the audio file
SoundOut1.OnsetSignalEnabled = True
SoundOut1.OnsetSignalPort = &H378
SoundOut1.OnsetSignalData = StimTrigger
sleep StimDelay (?)