Randomize images using canvas

Corona shunyata.aishwarya at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 19:03:41 UTC 2012

Thank you for all your help in setting up the canvas images for the dot
probe task. I think I was advised to use this option because we will be
collecting pixel co-ordinate information, as well integrating other
components into the task (eye tracking for example).

My canvas script allows me to load images side by side (say positive and
negative). However, I am not sure how to randomize the locations in which
the images appear (as in - positive images should randomly show up in
either the left side or right, and similarly for the negative) . At any
point, the screen has a positive and negative image pair, but the location
(i.e. whether right or left) in which either of the two appear is unknown.
My guess was to use the nested property to specify location, but I am not
sure how to get this attribute (given that it is in a nested list) in the
inline script for canvas. I am sorry if this sounds convoluted.Any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Corona