How to calculate reaction time ?

Mukesh Vaidya vaidyamukesh5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 05:24:48 UTC 2012

Hi All,
           Please Guide me..
           We need to extract Reaction Time data [usually in milliseconds]
from our participants' in-scanner experiment data.

Here are the details:
           The E-Prime data files [e-dat files] are generated by a separate
system which runs the experiment script [or "paradigm"], and the
participant's vocal responses are recorded using a
           separate computer.
           The vocal responses are recorded by manual 'start' and 'stop'
button presses, whereas the e-dat files are generated automatically by the computer
that is running the experiment,
           and it is synchronized with the MRI scanner.
           Can we figure out what auditory signal, i.e., sound feature that
is part of the sound file is synchronized perfectly with any specific time-stamp
in the e-dat files.

I am attaching sample as well.