experiment timer, or safe mid-experiment stop?

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:00:09 UTC 2012

Parallel to the manual break method (using GetUserBreakState), you could
add a simple test that calculates the difference between the 'çurrent time'
and some starting point, and use this value to set the break state as soon
as a timeout limit is reached:

Const maxduration&=600000&   ' add & to make sure large values are declared
as long integer

if Clock.ReadMillisec>=StartObject.OnsetTime+maxduration then
   SetUserBreakState(1)
end if

if GetUserBreakState() then
    TrialList.Terminate
    BlockList.Terminate
end if

Where StartObject is the object that is the first one displayed in the
10minute epoch (this must be an object that is displayed only once).

Cheers
Paul