Premature exit from list object

Edward Carney carne006 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 15:29:47 UTC 2013

I’ve run into a curious problem. Here’s the basic pseudo-code:

SessionProc
  List runs ProcX
      ProcX
          Show slide object
          Play sound
          Inline – collect mouse click and determine location
              Test on location and run either of:
                  ErrorSlideObject.Run to manipulate an image object to
place it on the correct location providing feedback
                  CorrectSlideObject.Run to display text.
  GoodbyeTextDisplay

The final TextDisplay object is intended to say “thanks, goodbye.”

Problem: This seems to lie in the list object—it finishes and immediately
exits the script. No final "goodbye" text object shows up. I’ve done all
kinds of things: a) create a new procedure to show the TextObject and made
it last in the List object; b) add labels to jump to; c) terminate the
Error/Correct Slide objects with “none” or “Jump” to label.

What might be going on in the handoff relationship between the InLine
objects and the List object to cause this?

BTW, the Error/Correct slide objects are “hidden” in Unreferenced E-Objects.

Thanks,
Edward Carney
Research Assoc.
University of Minnesota