E-Prime on one screen / something else on the other

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 13:43:29 UTC 2013

This is possible, but I would strongly advise not do do this. There are
several issues when running another application on the foreground on a
second display:

1) EPrime uses a non-colaborative display mode (DirectX). Any mouse or
keyboard activity on the second screen will cause E-Run to crash. You can
easily verify this. Also, the desktop of the second screen often shifts
offscreen when E-Run changes display modes.

2) Timing could become an issue because EPrime fiddles with the application
priorities and windows scheduler to increase timing accuracy. The other
program might respond slow.

best
paul