Calling and Running an exe in background

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 19:37:59 UTC 2013

Calling a DLL function is possible after predefining the required
function(s) using the Declare statement. I don't think it would be possible
to call DLL functions that use graphical devices in any way, so that may
limit your options. Note that running an application is not the same thing
as calling a DLL function, so I'm not sure how viewpoint could be
integrated. I think there are application suspend and resume examples
available on the PST support site that could be used as a starting point if
you're integrating a regular application instead of a DLL. If the viewport
application (or DLL) supports COM interfaces, that would also be an option.
(See one of my previous post on interfacing with matlab.)

Best
paul