Turn Time Audit on For Everything

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 19:52:22 UTC 2013

In addition to David's advise, I would also suggest adding a few lines of
E-Basic script to calculate stimulus (and response) onset times that are
relative to the start of the start of the MRI scanner. These values can
then be added to the output file using the c.SetAttrib method. This is a
very easy to do and it will save a lot of post processing. (I've seen
people creating lots of excel sheets just to get onset times for SPM or
FSL. Very time consuming and error-prone.)

Just follow these steps:

1) Declare a global variable to store the scanner start time (i.e. onset
time of first EPI scan). This time is normally determined by handling the
trigger onset pulse as input response. The global variable should be of
type Long (integer) and should be placed in the global user script section:

   Dim ScannerOnset as Long

2) Then copy the trigger onset time to the global declared variable by
adding the following after the object that handles the scanner trigger:

   ScannerOnset = *WaitForScanner*.RTTime

(replace* WaitForScanner* with the name the actual object)
Also make sure the RTTime attribute itself is logged properly to be able to
verify timing.

3) Add a few lines of script at the end of the trial procedure to save the
relative times to the log output:

   c.SetAttrib "*RelStimOnset*", CStr(*Stim*.OnsetTime - ScannerOnset)

(replace *Stim* with the name of the stimulus object)
Also make sure the onset attribute itself is logged properly to be able to
verify timing.

Repeat 3) for all relevant onset and response times.

that's it

Paul