drawing lines using the mouse over experimenter-displayed images

Robert Gutzwiller robert.gutzwiller at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 20:29:10 UTC 2013

Hi all,

New to the in-depth programming of Eprime, and all I want to do is allow
participants to use the mouse to draw 3 lines visible on-screen over an
image that is presented. The basic idea would be to have them click on the
initiation point for the line, and then click where they want the line to
end.

I've tried to go through the help material and the forums, and cobbled
together this little bit of inline code that currently sits immediately
before my image. Can someone point me in the right direction for correcting
this?

Dim cnvs As Canvas
Set cnvs = Display.Canvas
Dim xPos, yPos, xPosTwo, yPosTwo As Integer
Dim counter As Integer
counter = 0
Mouse.ShowCursor True
Dim rdMouse1 As MouseResponseData
Dim mouseClicks As Integer
If counter < 3 Then

   mouseClicks = Fixation.InputMasks.Item(1).Responses.Count
                      If mouseClicks > 0 Then
                                   Set rdMouse1 =
CMouseResponseData(Fixation.InputMasks.Responses(1))
                                   xPos = rdMouse1.CursorX
                                   yPos = rdMouse1.CursorY

                                   sleep 50

                                   set rdMouse1 =
CMouseResponseData(Fixation.InputMasks.Responses(2))
                                   xPosTwo = rdMouse1.CursorX
                                   yPosTwo = rdMouse1.CursorY

                         END IF

 cnvs.PenWidth = 30