need help re: time code RS232 v. RS422 device

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 23:30:02 UTC 2013

Hi Rebecca,

I'm not very familiar with the specific device you mention, but in general
RS232 is no problem for EPrime.
>From a programmers point of view, both RS-protocols are identical. It's the
hardware that is slightly different. (I think RS422 is the
'industrial' sibling of RS232.)

Implementing the communication protocol using inline (EBasic) script could
be a challenge if you don't have any programming experience.
However, when communication only consists of sending simple characters
strings from the PC to device, programming is rather straightforward.

Paul