pci parallel_serial port in windows 7 vs xp

Stuart Quirk stuart.quirk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 19:35:36 UTC 2013

Well as an update to anyone who may face similar issues, I ended up
swapping out the mother board for one with a native parallel port (one of
the few which are built for 3rd generation intel chips). It was an easy
build as I could transfer all of my current components. The new board has a
ps/2 serial port but I was still having issues with the SRbox failing to
communicate through that port so I bought the usb--serial port adapter
recommended by pstnet and finally am able to get back on track.

I went with xp and so far have had success with the I/O communications
(still finishing the program to make sure video displays work smoothly).

the additional hardware I purchased:
StarTech.com USB to RS232 DB9/DB25 Serial Adapter Cable ICUSB232DB25
(amazon.com)
MB GIGABYTE|GA-B75M-D3V B75 LGA1155 (carried by newegg.com)

Stuart