Using stimuli based on participant answers

Tim tritzert at kent.edu
Tue Jan 8 21:41:35 UTC 2013

I am currently designing a study and have run into a roadblock. I am
presenting subjects with a list of 100 words. Each word is presented once
at random and participants respond to by either pressing “1” or “2.” For
the first trial, I want participants to completely go through all words,
which was obviously easy to set up.

However, I next want participants to again go through the list of words,
but this time only using the words they previously pressed “1” for. I also
want to repeat this process until just 10 words remain. My first question
is this: is E-Prime even capable of doing this? And then of course, if so,
how would this be accomplished?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated, thank you!! And for what
it is worth, the words are things that people value and the task is
designed to help people clarify their deeply held values.