Using stimuli based on participant answers

Tim tritzert at kent.edu
Wed Jan 16 18:05:12 UTC 2013

Thanks so much Paul, that worked perfect. I am still having a remaining
issue however. When the study participant responds to the stimuli by
pressing "1" this sends the word to a new list. That list then presents the
word on the next trial and so on for several trials, which is exactly what
I want. However, when making the subsequent list objects, as far as I
understand it, I need to have as many levels as potential presentations.
However, this creates a problem.

For example, the list is 100 words long. If participant A presses "1" for
60 of the 100 words on the first trial, they are sent to the next list and
presented on the next trial. However, since I have 100 possible words, the
second list object needs to have that many levels (maybe?). Thus,
participant A sees the correct 60 words but also is presented 40 question
marks (?). And if participant B presses "1" for 80 of the 100 words on the
first trial, they see the correct 80 words but also are presented 20
question marks, since there are more levels than words sent to the list
object. Is there a way to do this without having this happen?

Does this explanation and question make sense? Again I am somewhat of a
neophyte at both E-Prime and programming, so sorry for the flood of
questions. And any help from anyone is much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Tim