Sounds play 2x unintentionally?

Thomas Lee thomaslee4045 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:32:27 UTC 2013

Hi all, I'm a relatively new E-prime user.  I'm having some weird behavior
regarding sound presentation, and I wondered if anyone had experienced this
before.

Essentially I have two slides.  A sound (1000 Hz tone, 250 ms, 44.1kHz
sampling rate, 1 channel, 16 bit depth) plays when each slide is presented.
 For the first slide, the sound beeps once.  For the second slide, the
sound beeps, and then beeps again, though it's only supposed to play once.
 I use prerelease on each slide (there's actually another slide before the
first one), and I've set the mode to buffered instead of streaming.  I've
also set the sound device settings to 1 channel, 44.1 kHz sampling, and 16
bit depth.

Is this something to do with my settings, or is it perhaps something with
the particular version of E-prime + the computer I'm working on? I've
successfully created these slides using v1.1 and 2.0.10 (I think that was
the version number) without the double-beeping.  This particular version of
E-prime I'm using is 2.0.8.90, on a Windows XP Dell laptop with SP3 (Intel
Core 2 Duo, 2.26 GHz, 4 gb of ram, so it's not that I'm running a slow
machine).  I'm just using the on-board sound, not any sort of fancy sound
card or anything.

Thanks very much for your help!