Logging response times after stimulus presentation

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Wed Jul 3 16:15:12 UTC 2013

Christina,

I would try the following:

Make a Slide with both the image and the sound.  Set Duration to
"(infinite)", and End Sound Action on the SlideSound sub-object to
"Terminate".  This will run the Slide until the end of the sound.  Do
not use an input mask here.

Follow this with a Wait object to collect the response, using
appropriate Duration, input mask etc.  Your image will remain on the
display while the Wait object runs & collects the response.  (I think
of Wait objects as "null" stimuli and use them primarily when I want
to get a response without presenting a stimulus.)

That should do it.

-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster)

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at
http://support.pstnet.com/e%2Dprime/support/login.asp , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----