Transparent tint on top of image

p5wp1 pamela.l.stevenson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 14:06:40 UTC 2013

Hello:

I will be conducting an experiment where we will present two faces side by
side, separated by a fixation cross. One of these faces will be designated
as the target gender (e.g., male) and we will ask participants to tell us
whether the target gender has a blue or yellow tint to it.

I am wondering if there is a way to create an object that would allow me to
apply a transparent yellow or blue tint on top of the faces. The reason I
would like to create an object is so I can deferentially tint the faces to
allow different faces to have different tints, depending on the trials. For
example, I would like to be able to have the blue tint appear over the face
on the right for some trials and have it appear over the left face in other
trials.

Thank you very much for your help!