triggering syringe pump network

Paul Groot pfc.groot at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:36:26 UTC 2013

Well, I'm not familar with this type of pump, but it sounds like you're
mixing up the TTL/IO and RS232 connectors. Just saw a picture in the
manual, and it seems like you must use a special cable that connects the
RS232 port of the computer to the RJ11 (phone type) sockets. The other
9-pin connector is the TTL/IO connector. (Why on earth, did the designers
of this system make this terrible choice with the DB-9...?)

Also, make sure that the pump itself is configured properly (RS232 mode,
baudrate, network address, ...)

I don't think I have an example inline script available that would be
usable in this case, so I'm afraid you'll have to dig into the manuals and
learn the EBasic syntax. A terminal emulator might help to test and
understand the (basic) protocol without doing any programming. The
safe-mode protocol requires real programming, though.

You still might consider using the TTL/IO port using the parallel printer
port for example. Programming would be simpler in that case. Or otherwise
send me an ounce of gold and I will program the RS232 protocol for you :)

paul