random w/o replacement is still replacing

Diana xxhardcorexsheilaxx at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 16:39:53 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I have a memory task that displays a series of images in different
locations on the screen. The participant is expected to remember the image
and its location, so when the images are pulled randomly from a nested
list, the participant can match the image to the original location.

The problem I am encountering involves the random pulling of images to be
matched. I need this to happen without replacement, but even with the
selection order set to 'random', I'm having at least one image being pulled
twice and one image not pulled at all.

I have no idea how to fix this problem. Is there anyone that can share some
insight?

Thanks for the time,
Dazed & Confused (Diana)