Response bar updated by multiple presses

free_operant_task hollysully at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 16:02:08 UTC 2013

Hi,

I hope someone can help and apologies in advance for my elementary coding
skills.

I am trying to create a response bar (drawn by the canvas function) that is
incrementally filled by each button press (each of the multiple button
presses required for an individual trial). I have tried to combine the
ScoreBar and MultipleResponseCollection sample scripts from the PST eprime
support site. I want the number of presses required to be randomly
determined by an attribute called MaxCount (which is set by RewardProb) at
the beginning of each trial. Eventually, the duration of each trial will
also vary depending on RewardProb (this bit works well in another script I
have).

I am attaching the script that I have so far. It seems to be partially
working. When the number of presses set by the attribute MaxCount is
reached, the trial terminates as it should, however, there is a substantial
delay before the response bar starts filling. Also, I would like the canvas
to be cleared of all images after each trial (because the next thing I am
going to work on is making the size of the response bar variable on each
trial). But for now, I would greatly appreciate any help with getting a
response bar that fills with each press on a single trial and clears after
the trial is finished.

Many thanks in advance if you can help!