Logging multiple responses to one slide (key press and voice onset)

Amy Vogel amy.vogel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 17:44:18 UTC 2013

Dear Group:

First, I want E-Prime to log the response latency through the mic. That is,
when the subject initiated speech. I designed my procedure so that the
slide will not advance when the subject initiates speech.

The other issue is that I also want E-Prime to record logging information
for key press. I mentioned before that the subject's verbal response does
not drive the procedure forward; rather, a key press initiates the next
part of the experiment. Apparently the new version of E-Prime has an issue
with capturing inputs from two different sources at the same point in the
procedure (e.g., from the mic [SR BOX] and from the keyboard). When I have
played around with this, I have noticed that the procedure just freezes--
the key press does not drive the procedure forward like it should.

>From what I have read, you can log dual responses (from the mic and
keyboard), but E-Prime only logs information from the last input (e.g., the
keyboard in my case because that is what advances the procedure, and the
key press occurs after the mic input). I have looked at the following two
posts to see how to modify the script to log information from both inputs,
but I haven't gotten it to work.

http://www.pstnet.com/forum/Topic355-5-1.aspx

http://support.pstnet.com/forum/Topic474-8-1.aspx

Thank you for your help.   Let me know if there is anything else I can post
that might be of assistance (e.g., aspects of the script).

Amy