Programming a mid-way break when counterbalancing blocks by subject

Roxana Botezatu mrb359 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 19:40:06 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone,

I have an E-Prime experiment with  2 experimental blocks counterbalanced by
subject and a half-way break. Does anyone know a way to get the
halfway-break appear between the two blocks regardless of the
counterbalance order? Right now I have a break following Block 1 and a
break following Block 2, which gives me an unnecessary break at the end of
the experiment. The one option I can think of is to save two orders of the
experiment (order 1: Block1, Block 2; Order2: Block2, Block1) on the
computer and randomly assign participants to each. But there has got to be
a more elegant way to make the mid-way break appear between the two blocks
regardless of the counterbalance order.

Thank you.

Roxana