interfacing e-prime 2 with NIRS

Giulia Orioli giulia.orioli6 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 15:19:08 UTC 2013

Hi everyone!
I beg pardon for my English, that probably isn't fine enough.
I have a question to ask you. For my experiments, I'd need to create a
connection between E-prime 2 and the NIRS. I found a few topics where
someone was talking about this argument, but the ones I've read didn't say
anything about the first step I must do: make the NIRS able to understand
and include in its recordings the points in time when my stimulation starts
on E-prime and when it stops (the stimulus is a video lasting 90 s).
I have 2 possibilities to link the 2 pc and the NIRS: considering the pc
I'd prefer to use, the only way is via USB port (it's a notebook), while
considering the older pc in the lab, i can use a parallel port.
I will be really grateful to everyone who could tell me anything about how
to solve this problem!