how to display 20 stimuli, then give break, then continue on with next 20, then give break, etc.

LKem kemmerla at plu.edu
Fri Mar 8 00:16:56 UTC 2013

I'm presenting sentence stimuli and have over 100, which I want to present
sequentially, in the order entered into the e-prime list object.

I would like to give subjects a break every 20 items.
Thus, they would read items 1-20, then have a break,  then they would
continue on with the next 20 stimuli (now pulling items 21 - 40), then have
a break, then read items 41 to 60, then have a break, etc.

I cannot figure out how to build in such a break, short of running each
group as a separate experiment (in which case, I'd have to combine the data
files from each separate experiment).

Any suggestions?  I'm not great at programming from scratch, but may be
able to take someone else's script (doing something similar) & make it work
in my experiment.
Thanks.