how to define an array

sihua xu xusihua80 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 02:47:46 UTC 2013

Dear all
    I am having problems with the definition of the array and assign the
value in the e-prime, for example, I want to define two arrays. the first
one  including 36 units and values and the second one including 12 units
and values.  we should  get one value randomly from each array, and then
stop the program by comparing the size of them.
my main question is how to define the array including 36 or 12 units, how
to get the value from the array randomly and compare them?
the two arrays as follows:
a[36]
={2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,5,6,7,8,9,5,6,7,8,9,6,7,8,4,5,6,7,8}
b[12] = {12,7,8,2,6,3,9,10,4,5,11,9,10,11,12}

I would be grateful if anybody could help me with that
thanks

Sihua Xu

PhD
Department of psychology