Naive question 1 of 3: How to properly interrupt a run?

Matt Hall matthall.research at gmail.com
Fri Nov 8 20:47:58 UTC 2013

Hi, all- I'm new to Eprime, dusting off scripts written by a previous lab
member about 10 years ago, and without any other Eprime users in my lab or
department, so please have patience with my n00b questions.  The 1st of 3:
how to properly interrupt a run?

I've found other topics here and else asking how to interrupt a run and
then resume where you left off: that is *not* my question. Mine is much
more basic: let's say you're testing out a script, so you hit run, and then
having verified that whatever you tweaked did or didn't work, you want to
exit/quit/interrupt a run?

Just through guessing, I've found that control-escape reliably quits the
run; unfortunately, it also seems to cause the program to hang in unhelpful
ways: for example, about half the time, it acts as if the mouse is in the
*background*, behind the Eprime windwo, such that you can't see the mouse
or click anything inside an Eprime window (although the mouse tracks and
clicks fine in other applications).

This leads me to believe that control-escape is not the optimal way of
interrupting a run, so can someone please tell me what is? Thanks!