charAt for String in Ebasic?

David McFarlane mcfarla9 at msu.edu
Tue Nov 19 22:49:42 UTC 2013

Junho,

Just to clarify, by "get the index of a particular character in a
string" you actually mean "get the character at a particular index in
a string" (I  Googled "java charat" to verify that).  For both that
and getting substrings, see the "Mid, Mid$, MidB, MidB$ (functions)"
topic in the E-Basic Help facility.  Note BTW that VBA/E-Basic
strings are not objects as they are in Java.

(And to get something akin to "get the index of a particular
character in a string", see the "InStr, InStrB (functions)" topic in
the E-Basic Help facility -- I do not know what the Java equivalent
might be for that.)

Good luck,
-----
David McFarlane
E-Prime training
online:  http://psychology.msu.edu/Workshops_Courses/eprime.aspx
Twitter:  @EPrimeMaster (https://twitter.com/EPrimeMaster )

/----
Stock reminder:  1) I do not work for PST.  2) PST's trained staff
take any and all questions at https://support.pstnet.com , and they
strive to respond to all requests in 24-48 hours, so make full use of
it.  3) In addition, PST offers several instructional videos on their
YouTube channel (http://www.youtube.com/user/PSTNET ).  4) If you do
get an answer from PST staff, please extend the courtesy of posting
their reply back here for the sake of others.
\----